Affiliated Professors - Honorary Professor
Hans-Willi Schroiff studied Psychology at RWTH Aachen where he also obtained his Ph.D. in Psychology in 1982. Between 1982 and 1987 he worked as a Hochschulassistent (today: Junior Professor) at the Department of Psychology, RWTH Aachen. In 1987 he joined Henkel KGaA in Düsseldorf as Head of the German Market Research function. He held a couple of national and international functions within the Henkel Market Research department until he became their Corporate Vice President Market Research in 1998, overseeing all market research activities worldwide for all business divisions of the company.
Besides that, Hans-Willi Schroiff has been on the faculty of RWTH since 2002 as a Honorary Professor of Business Administration, teaching MBA and BA classes in Market Research. He has lectured as a Visiting Professor at the Harvard Business School, London Business School, INSEAD, and ESMT Berlin.
Currently he teaches at the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College in New Hampshire (USA) as a Visiting Professor for the academic year 2013/14.
In 2013 he founded a consulting firm named InnoChainge which focuses on consumer-centric innovation, working with a number of global and local companies.
Prof. Dr. Hans-Willi Schroiff was concordantly elected as a member of the Administrative Council of the "GfK Verein". The "GfK Verein" holds the majority of shares in the "Gesellschaft für Konsumforschung" (GfK), Germany's largest market research company - headquartered in Nuremberg.
- Consumer-centric innovation
- Reasons for increasing flop rates for fast-moving consumer goods
- Application of neuromarketing findings in business processes
- Contingent launch control procedures
- Gender marketing
- German "Marketing Award," German National Marketing Association, 2010
- Market Researcher of the Year, Professional Association of German Market and Social Researchers, 2005
- Best Paper Award for “Creating Competitive Intellectual Capital: The Henkel Case,” 51st ESOMAR Congress, 1998
- Schroiff, H.W. (2013), Spearheading Innovation (in press), Harvard Business School Press, With T. Müller, Warum Produkte Floppen (Why Products Fail), Haufe Verlag
- Schroiff, H.W. (2011), Marktforschung,” In:Enzyklopädie der Psychologischen Diagnostik (Encyclopedia of Psychological Diagnostics), W. Amelang and L.F. Hornke, (eds.), Hogrefe
- Schroiff, H.W. (2010), Markendifferenzierung in der Konzeptphase–eine Handlungsempfehlung aus der Praxis, In: Erfolgreiche Markendifferenzierung–Strategie und Praxis professioneller Markenprofilierung, U. Görg (ed.), Gabler
- Schroiff, H.W. (2007), The Market Research Process, In:Market Research Handbook (5th ed.), M. van Hamersfeld and C. de Bont (eds.), Wiley
- Schroiff, H.W. (2007), Creating Competitive Intellectual Capital, In: Market Research Best Practice: 30 Visions for the Future, P. Mouncey and F. Wimmer (eds.), Wiley
- Schroiff, H.W. (2006), Marketing Controlling via Marktforschung (Marketing Controlling via Business Intelligence), In: Handbuch Marketingcontrolling (2nd ed.), S. Reinecke and T. Tomczak (eds.), Thexis
- Schroiff, H.W./Arnold D. (2004), Strategies for Managing Brand and Product in International Markets, In: The Global Market–Developing a Strategy to Manage Across Borders, J. Quelch and R. Deshpande (eds.), Jossey-Bass
Innovation in the Food Industry via the Culinary Codes Paradigm
- Visiting Professor of Business Administration, Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth College, NH, USA, 2013–present
- Professor of Business Administration, 2003–present
- Assistant Professor of Psychology, 1982–87
- Research Assistant, 1978–82, RWTH Aachen University
- Co-Founder and Managing Partner, InnoChainge, 2013–present
- Corporate Vice President Market Research/Business Intelligence, 1999–2012
- Director of International Market Research, 1993–99
- International Research Manager, 1990–93
- National Research Manager, 1988–90
- Senior Research Manager, 1987–88, Henkel AG & Co KGaA
- Executive Committee, Marketing Science Institute
- Advisory Boards: Dialego (chair), You Gov