Applied Advanced Econometrics II
19.09. – 23.09. : Applied Advanced Econometrics II
This course will focus on recent advances in empirical research. At the end of the course students should be able to design, implement, and critically evaluate empirical research. The course comprises datasets, research papers, and estimation implementation in Stata. Also, students will engage in independent empirical analyses of data and in replicating published empirical work based on the Swedish PSED datasets.
The course will be work intensive and involves a substantial part of independent empirical work. Previous successful completion of empirical courses is highly recommended. Please note, that a detailed course outline and reading list will be made available ahead of the first session.
After participating in this course, students should be in a position to:
- Understand basis econometric theories
- Build and test hypotheses in entrepreneurship
- Replicate empirical studies using PSED type datasets
- Understand the boundaries and limits of econometric analyses
- Learn about ethical and social behavior in scientific research
- Students should be able to design, implement, and critically evaluate empirical research
- Solid command of English.
- Basic understanding of Economics, Incentives, Entrepreneurship
- Willingness to engage in preparatory readings of case studies and/or research papers.
The final grade will be calculated as the weighted average of the grades for the individual written assignment (50 %), and the presentation (50%).