Strategic Management: From Insight to Decision
Wednesday, March 14, 2018
About this course
- Length: 6 weeks
- Effort: 8-10 hours per week
- Level: Intermediate
- Languages: English
- Video Transcripts: English
- Instructor: Prof. Salge
Help your organization survive, drive, and thrive on fundamental technological changes in your industry. This advanced strategic management course helps you translate strategic insights into smart strategic decisions on positioning, partnering and being socially responsible.
1. Positioning the Firm:
- How can strategy portfolios guide corporate strategy and help decision-makers scope the activities of their organization?
- How can general strategies help organizations gain competitive advantages in their industries?
- How can organizations make competition irrelevant and create uncontested market space?
2. Orchestrating Strategic Alliances:
- What is the case for cooperative strategy? When should we move from a competitive to a cooperative mindset?
- What are strategic alliances and what is their payoff?
- How can firms build and orchestrate collaborative ecosystems to enhance their (innovative) performance?
3. Embracing Social Responsibility:
- What is the role of business in society? How do organizations contribute and cause harm to the public good?
- What exactly are the social responsibilities of organizations?
- To whom are they responsible and for what? Why should they care?
- How can ethics inform strategic decisions? How can we encourage ethical behavior and reconcile responsibility and profitability?
All key ideas are illustrated through a case study on Tesla and its role in the technological transformation of the global automotive industry.
This course is part of the "Managing Technology & Innovation: How to deal with disruptive change" MicroMasters program designed to teach the critical skills needed to be successful in this exciting field. In order to qualify for the MicroMasters Credential, you will need to earn a Verified Certificate in each of the six courses of the RWTHx MicroMasters program.
What you'll learn
- Position your organization in times of transition
- Orchestrate strategic alliances and broader innovation networks
- Assess strategic options not just from an economic, but also from an ethical perspective
Find out more about this course and enroll here