PersonDr. rer. pol., Professurvertreter
Professor and Head of Group
- Phone: +49 241 80 96676
- By appointment only
Christian Hopp studied business administration at universities in Germany, the Netherlands, and the United States. He holds a Doctoral degree (Dr. rer. Pol.) in Quantitative Economics and Finance from the University of Konstanz, a Master in Business Administration from the University of Pittsburgh, USA, and a Master in Financial Management from the Rotterdam School of Management, the Netherlands.
Prior to joining RWTH Aachen University in August 2013, he was an Assistant Professor at the University of Vienna, Austria. His research encompasses various areas ranging from Venture Capital Financing, Human Resource Management, to Entrepreneurship.
- Entrepreneurship and New Venture Emergence
- Entrepreneurial Founding Processes
- Business Planning and Entrepreneurial Financing
- Venture Capital Financing and Syndication
- Hopp, C. (2014): Does the presence of a formal business plan increase formal financial support?, forthcoming in: Applied Economics Letters
- Hopp, C. and C. Lukas (2014): A Signaling Perspective on Partner Selection in Venture Capital Syndicates, forthcoming in: Entrepreneurship: Theory and Practice
- Hopp., C. and S. Sonderegger (2014): Understanding the dynamics of nascent entrepreneurship – Pre-Start-Up experience, intentions, and entrepreneurial success , forthcoming in: Journal of Small Business Management
- Hopp, C. and C. Lukas (2013): Evaluation frequency and evaluator's experience: The case of venture capital investment firms, forthcoming in: Journal of Management and Governance
- Fabel, O., Hopp, C., & Weber, T. (2013). When teams of employees spin-off partnerships: matching-technology, information structure, and the “pure” incubator effect. Journal of Business Economics, 1-25.
- Dreher, A. and C. Hopp (2013): Do differences in institutional and legal environments explain cross-country variations in IPO underpricing?, Applied Economics, 2013, 4(45), 435-454
- Hopp, C. and U. Stephan (2012): The influence of socio-cultural environments on the performance of nascent entrepreneurs: Community culture, motivation, self-efficacy and start-up success, Entrepreneurship and Regional Development, 24(9-10), 917-945
- Hopp,. C. (2012): For better or for worse? – Non-profit experience and the performance of nascent entrepreneurs, Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly, 41(6), 1251-1268
- Hopp, C. (2012): The acquisition and utilization of market information in new venture development and the contingent nature of new venture organizing activities, Journal of Strategic Marketing, 20(6), 553-567
- Hopp., C. and L. Zenk (2012): Collaborative Team Networks and Implications for Strategic HRM, International Journal of Human Resource Management, 23(14), 2975-2994