Associate Professor (with Tenure) and Head of Group
- Phone: +49 241 80 99186
- by appointment only
David Antons studied business administration at RWTH Aachen University and Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok. He became Associate Professor at the TIME Research Area in September 2017 after rejecting offerings of full professorships at the universities of Bochum and Mainz. David Antons graduated with a Ph.D. in Technology and Innovation Management from RWTH Aachen in 2013. He conducted his doctoral studies in close cooperation with the Institute of Psychology at RWTH Aachen University. He became Assistant Professor at the Innovation, Strategy and Organisation Group in 2013. His habilitation (tenure in the German university system) focuses on text mining applications in management. David Antons held a visiting scholar position at the University of Cambridge, UK, and the University of Melbourne, Australia. He regularly engages in collaborative research projects with high- and low-tech industries as well as healthcare. David Antons gives the course Project Module: Innovation, Strategy, and Organization and Introduction to Business Administration.
- Antecedents and consequences of organizational reputation
- Media influence on management
- New ways of knowledge sharing and technology transfer
- Organizational climate
- Psychological factors influencing decision making
- Attitude research and implicit attitude measurement
- Learning from feedback
- Text Mining, Natural Language Processing, Topic Modeling
Awards and Scholarships
- Place2Be Post-Doc Grant from RWTH Aachen University
- Publication Prize 2015, awarded by RWTH Aachen University
- Karman-Fellowship at RWTH Aachen University
- Scholarship of the German Academic Exchange Service, short DAAD, 2014
- Prize for Interdisciplinary Research 2014, awarded by RWTH Aachen University
- Finalist of the M-Price for Management Innovation, awarded by Harvard Business Review and McKinsey, 2013
- Scholarship of the German Academic Exchange Service, short DAAD, 2013
- Scholarship of the German Academic Exchange Service, short DAAD, 2011
- Study Price for best Diploma thesis, awarded by SEW Eurodrive Foundation, 2010
- Nomination ‚David Kopf Preis‘, 2010
- Nomination ‚Young Researcher Award‘ WI2009
- Nomination ‚Best Paper Award‘ WI2009
- Antons, D. (2013), Das Not-Invented-Here-Syndrom in Forschung und Entwicklung: Eine Untersuchung aus Sicht von Innovationsmanagement und Sozialpsychologie, Dr. Kovac-Verlag: Hamburg.
- Salge, T.O.; Vera, A.; Antons, D., and Cimiotti, J.P. (2016): Fighting MRSA Infections in Hospital Care: How Organizational Factors Matter, Health Services Research (in press).
- Antons, D.; Kleer, R. and Salge, T.O. (2015): Mapping the Topic Landscape of JPIM, 1984-2013: In Search of Hidden Structures and Development Trajectories, Journal of Product Innovation Management (in production).
- Antons, D. and Piller, F. (2015): Opening the Black Box of "Not-Invented-Here": Attitudes, Decision Biases, and Behavioral Consequences, Academy of Management Perspectives, Volume 29, No. 2, S. 1–25.
- Gesing, J.; Antons, D.; Piening, E.; Rese, M. and Salge, T.O. (2015): Joining Forces or Going it Alone? On the Interplay between External Collaboration Partner Types, Inter-firm Governance Modes and Internal R&D, Journal of Product Innovation Management, Volume 32, Issue 3, S. 424-440.
- Antons, D.; Salge, T.O.; Kohli, R.; Barrett, M.I. and Oborn, E. (2015): The Social Value of Information Technology: How IT Investments Enhance Hospital Reputation, Best Paper Proceedings of the Academy of Management Conference 2015, Vancouver, Kanada.
- Lüttgens, D.; Antons, D.; Pollok, P. and Piller, F. (2014): Wisdom of the Crowd and Capabilities of a Few: Internal Success Factors of Crowdsourcing for Innovation, Journal of Business Economics (vormals: Zeitschrift für Betriebswirtschaft), Volume 84, Issue 3, S. 339-374. Gerards, M.;
- Siems, F.; Antons, D.; Ihl, C. and Piller, F. (2011). Configurator-based Product Choice in Online Retail – Transferring mass customization thinking to services in retail. Proceedings of the International Conference on Information Systems 2011, Shanghai, China.
- Gross, U. and Antons, D. (2009): Embedded Open Toolkits for User Innovation: Postponing New Product Development Decisions into the Customer Domain, in: Tagungsband 9. Internationale Tagung Wirtschaftsinformatik 2009, S. 835-840.