Torsten-Oliver SalgePh. D.
Professor and Head of Group
- Phone: +49 241 80 99197
- by appointment only
Torsten-Oliver Salge studied business administration at universities in Germany, France, Italy and England. He holds a Ph.D. and an M.Phil. degree, both from the University of Cambridge. Prior to joining RWTH Aachen University as head of the newly established Innovation, Strategy, and Organization, short ISO, Group in April 2013, he was an interim professor at the University of Duisburg-Essen, 2012 to 2013, a junior professor at the University of Bochum, 2009 to 2012, and a post-doctoral research associate at the University of Cambridge, 2009. He has held visiting scholar appointments at universities in Auckland, Buenos Aires, Cambridge, Oxford and Philadelphia. As part of his research program, he has collaborated with a number of organisations from sectors such as healthcare, central government and financial services.
- Collaboration across disciplinary, organisational and institutional boundaries
- Organisational learning from performance feedback
- Organisational search and problem-solving
- Strategic HRM and employee well-being
- Technology legitimation, adoption and payoff
Awards and Scholarships
- Best Paper Proceedings, Organizational Communication and Information Systems, short OCIS, Division, Academy of Management, 2015
- Shortlisted for the SMS Best Conference Paper Award, Strategic Management Society, 2014
- Best Paper Proceedings, Technology and Innovation Management, short TIM, Division, Academy of Management, 2013
- Shortlisted for the SMS Best Conference Paper for Practice Implications, Strategic Management Society, 2013
- Best Paper Proceedings, Human Resources, short HR, Division, Academy of Management, 2012
- Best Convention Paper Award, HR Division, Academy of Management, 2012
- Shortlisted for the TUM Research Excellence Award in Innovation and Leadership, 2012
- Knut Holt Best Paper Award, International Society for Professional Innovation Management, short ISPIM, 2011
- Best Interactive Paper Award, Organizational Communication and Information Systems, short OCIS, Division, Academy of Management, 2011
- Charles H. Levine Award for the Best Conference Paper, Public and Non-Profit, short PNP, Division, Academy of Management, 2010
- Shortlisted for the William H. Newman Award for the Most Outstanding Paper based on a Ph.D. Dissertation, Academy of Management, 2010
- Best Overall Conference Paper Award, University of Oxford, 2009
- Best Overall Conference Paper Award, University of Cambridge, 2008
- Scholarship of the Economic and Social Research Council, short ESRC, 2006-2009
- Scholarship of the Benavitch Foundation, St. Catharine's College, 2006-2009
- Scholarship of the Cambridge European Trust, 2006-2009
- Scholarship of the German Academic Exchange Service, short DAAD, 2005-2006
- Scholarship of the Hölderlin Foundation, 2005-2006
- Scholarship of the Studienstiftung des Deutschen Volkes, 2001-2006
- Breidbach, C., Antons, D. & Salge, T.O. (2016), Seamless Service? On The Role and Impact of Service Orchestrators in Human-Centered Service Systems, Journal of Service Research , forthcoming.
- Salge, T.O., Vera, A., Antons, D., & Cimiotti, J. (2016), Fighting MRSA Infections in Hospital Care: How Organizational Factors Matter, Health Services Research , forthcoming.
- Vera, A., Petratos, P. & Salge, T.O. (2016), A Widening Gap? Static and Dynamic Performance Differences between Specialist and General Hospitals, Health Care Management Science , forthcoming.
- Antons, D., Kleer, R. & Salge, T.O. (2016), Mapping the Topic Landscape of JPIM, 1984-2013: In Search of Hidden Structures and Development Trajectories. Journal of Product Innovation Management , forthcoming.
- Salge, T.O., Kohli, R. & Barrett, M. (2015), Investing in Information Systems: On the Behavioral and Institutional Search Mechanisms Underpinning Hospitals’ IS Investment Decisions. MIS Quarterly , 39(1), 61-89.
- Gesing, J., Antons, D., Piening, E. Rese, M. & Salge, T.O. (2015), Joining Forces or Going for it Alone? On the Interplay among External Collaboration Partner Types, Interfirm Governance Modes, and Internal R&D. Journal of Product Innovation Management , 32(3), 424-440.
- Piening, E. & Salge, T.O. (2015), Understanding the Antecedents, Contingencies, and Performance Implications of Process Innovation: A Dynamic Capabilities Perspective. Journal of Product Innovation Management , 32(1), 424-440.
- Piening, E.P., Baluch, A. M. & Salge, T.O. (2013), The Relationship between Employees’ Perceptions of HR Systems and Organizational Performance: Examining Mediating Mechanisms and Temporal Dynamics. Journal of Applied Psychology , 98 (6), 926-947.
- Salge, T.O., Farchi, T., Barrett, M. & Dopson, S. (2013), When Does Search Openness Really Matter? A Contingency Study of Health Care Innovation Projects. Journal of Product Innovation Management, 30(4), 659-676.
- Salge, T.O. (2012), The Temporal Trajectories of Innovative Search: Insights from Public Hospital Services. Research Policy, 41(4), 720-733.
- Salge, T.O. (2011), A Behavioral Model of Innovative Search: Evidence from Public Hospital Services. Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory, 21(1), 181-210.