- Phone: +49 241 80 96222
- Supervision of research projects
- Conception and implementation of projects with third-party funding
- Start-up coaching
- Assistant Professor at the Innovation & Entrepreneurship Group (WIN), TIME Research Area, RWTH Aachen University (member since 2013)
- Studies of Economics and Management at Ruhr University Bochum (B. Sc. with distinction), Baylor University Texas (GPA 4.0), Catholic University of Eichstätt-Ingolstadt (M. Sc. with distinction), and RWTH Aachen University (Ph.D., summa cum laude)
- Working experience as a management consultant at The Boston Consulting Group GmbH in Düsseldorf and Hong Kong (2011 – 2013) and in various internships (e.g., ThyssenKrupp AG, Ernst & Young)
- National and international teaching experience as lecturer (e.g., Tsinghua University, Beijing)
- Participation in research project DFG Cluster of Excellence “Integrative Production Technology in High-Wage Countries”
- TIME (Technology, Innovation, Marketing, Entrepreneurship), especially interfaces with…
- Leadership and organization
- International management
- (Empirical) operations management
Awards and scholarships:
- Publication Award of the School of Business and Economics at RWTH Aachen University for outstanding publication achievements
- Friedrich-Wilhelm-Award for outstanding scientific achievements
- FGF Norbert Szyperski Technology and Innovation Management Award 2017 at the G-Forum 2017 (together with Nils Eiteneyer and Malte Brettel)
- Borchers Badge Award of RWTH Aachen University for Ph.D. thesis
- ThyssenKrupp Student Award – Best graduate of the faculty
- Several scholarships (German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD), Hans Bilstein foundation, RWTH Aachen University)
- Bendig, D., Willmann, D., Strese, S. and Brettel, M. (2018) ‘Share Repurchases and Myopia: Implications on the Stock and Consumer Markets’, Journal of Marketing, forthcoming. doi: 10.1509/jm.16.0200.
- Bendig, D., Strese, S., Flatten, T. C., da Costa, M. E. S. and Brettel, M. (2017) ‘On micro-foundations of dynamic capabilities: A multi-level perspective based on CEO personality and knowledge-based capital’, Long Range Planning, forthcoming. doi: 10.1016/j.lrp.2017.08.002.
- Skirnevskiy, V., Bendig, D. and Brettel, M. (2017) ‘The influence of internal social capital on serial creators’ success in crowdfunding’, Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 41(2), pp. 209–236. doi: 10.1111/etap.12272.
- Bendig, D., Strese, S. and Brettel, M. (2017) ‘The link between operational leanness and credit ratings’, Journal of Operations Management, 52, pp. 46–55. doi: 10.1016/j.jom.2016.11.001.
- Schmidt, S., Bendig, D. and Brettel, M. (2017) ‘Building an equity story: The impact of effectuation on business angel investments’, Journal of Business Economics, forthcoming. doi: 10.1007/s11573-017-0868-2.
- Schuh, G., Brettel, M., Reuter, C., Bendig, D., Dölle, C., Friederichsen, N., Hauptvogel, A., Kießling, T., Potente, T., Prote, J.-P., Weber, A. R. and Wolff, B. (2017) Towards a technology-oriented theory of production, Integrative Production Technology: Theory and Applications. doi: 10.1007/978-3-319-47452-6_12.